10 Tips To Help With Weight Management
Posted by Natalie on
You know what’s tougher than losing weight? Keeping it OFF! Maybe you’ve just reached your ideal weight…Now what? Here’s hoping that this new version of you is here to stay🤞OR you could take control of what happens next 💪 We know how easy it can be to let bad habits creep up again and make all of your hard work go to waste, so how can you ensure that your progress is sustainable?
Life is constantly changing and we’re always having to adapt to different circumstances, which means accepting that sometimes we’ll have setbacks, and that is OKAY! However, there are some things you can do to help you stay on track all year long and we want to share some of our fav ones with you! ALL it takes is shifting your mindset a bit - so let’s go over our top 10 tips to help keep the weight off!👇
The Key To Weight Management
1. Make It A Lifestyle Change. This is perhaps the most challenging part about maintaining a healthy weight. When you set a goal and put a date on it, it is very common to aim for the finish line without thinking about your next steps. Losing weight for good involves changing routines, habits and patterns that no longer serve you. Embarking on a weight loss journey is only the beginning - once you achieve your goals, set new ones!
2. Meal Prep. Set yourself up for success by planning your meals ahead of time AND actually taking out the time to cook them yourself. Make sure you incorporate high-fibre whole foods, protein, veggies, and good fats!
3. Eat Mindfully. Portion control is one of the most important things you need to master to avoid weight fluctuations and yo-yoing. Paying attention when you’re eating and making sure you don’t let yourself get desperately hungry before you have something to eat is KEY. Eat to nourish your body, not to feel full, and develop an awareness of the food you’re eating by observing how it makes you feel. More importantly, enjoy the food, but stop eating once you’re satisfied. That being said, while making healthier food choices should be a lifelong commitment, you don’t have to restrict yourself all the time! Treating yourself occasionally will help you rewire your brain so that it knows that no foods are off-limit, but rather not in your best interest. If you practice mindfulness, overeating can def be a thing of the past, especially when combined with Boombod shots! 🧘♀️
4. Reduce Sugar. SO, we know we JUST said that you can treat yourself occasionally...but don’t let one time become a pastime! To make the most out of the foods you eat, you should steer clear of empty calories whenever possible and sugar in particular has very little nutritional value in the grand scheme of things. If you eat enough throughout the day and don’t suffer from any specific medical conditions, you should be able to maintain stable enough energy levels that you won’t crash and have to resort to eating sugar to keep functioning!
5. Keep A Nice Pantry/Fridge. And by that we mean keep a low stock of naughty foods at home! If your go-to comfort foods aren’t handy, you’ll be less likely to eat them. Sticking to a healthy diet can be hard but try following a recipe guide or meal plan.
6. Drink Loads Of Water. This one is self-explanatory, but we know it’s SUPER easy to forget to drink water throughout the day. Hear us out and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, especially if you’re taking your Boombod shots so you can maximise your results! As a rule, if you’re thirsty, you’ve already waited too long to drink water. Need ideas to help you stay hydrated? Take the Water Challenge!
7. Stay Active. Living a sedentary lifestyle is another reason why people put on extra pounds. If you can’t always eat healthy meals, exercise is a great way to balance things out BUT don’t just incorporate cardio! Lifting weights along with a good amount of daily protein can help you build and maintain muscle mass, which is metabolically more active and may help burn more calories on a daily basis. Be sure to find exercises that you can do at home and that you actually enjoy doing to ensure consistency!
8. Observe and Adapt. Did you know you don’t HAVE to weigh yourself? Sometimes it’s best to ditch the scale and focus on how you’re feeling and looking! How do your clothes fit as of late? Have you been diligent with healthy eating and exercising? Should you reassess or make any changes to your current routine? Ask yourself those questions regularly and you’ll always be on top of your game!
9. Good Vibes Only. Keep a positive attitude and surround yourself with people who support your goals! Having an accountability partner is also a good idea to help you stay on track.
10. Be One Step Ahead. Let’s be real…stress is all around! As much as we want to make lifestyle changes and meal prep, we’re bound to eat some sugar here and there and give in to naughty cravings every once in a while, which then makes us feel bloated and tired… BUT Boombod has your back! Identifying when you need a boost is SUPER important as it helps you be prepared to manage the stressful situations that tend to lead you to overindulge OR even help you get back on track so you can feel your best for a special occasion. Always keep a box of Boombod around to support your weight loss goals because, let’s face it, it’s easier said than done! Boombod was designed to help banish cravings, reduce bloating and help you feel energized throughout the day with its unique vitamin blend and can be there every step of the way to help you get to where you need to be and more. Never give up and always start again the next day if you slip up!
Wherever you are on your weight loss journey, there is a Boombod program just for you. It takes 21 days to build a habit BUT all it takes is 7 days to kickstart your weight loss journey with Boombod 7 Day Achiever…so what are you waiting for? Get started TODAY! You’ve got this 🙌