Is Boombod a Meal Replacement?
Posted by Sarah on
OK, Boomsquad! We know this question is on your mind, SOOO...we are super excited to set the record straight, and help you really kick your weight loss journey into HIGH GEAR 💪Our customers have A LOT of questions for us, and we LOVE answering them! Each and every question we receive, whether it’s on our social accounts (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) or via email, are personally answered by a member of the team here at Boombod HQ. That’s right, folks! We are not robots (at least, we don’t think we are).
We get asked all sorts of things, like “Do I have to exercise while using Boombod?” or “How long does it take to see results while using Boombod?” and do you want to know what the MOST popular question we receive is? DRUM ROLL PLEASE 🥁... “Is Boombod a meal replacement?”
The Meat and Potatoes
Meal replacements can come in all forms, such as shakes, bars etc. but the main goal of a meal replacement is to take the place of a full meal, with the nutrients they contain. It is common for people to swap in a meal replacement or two a day when trying to lose weight as it helps to control calories. Meal replacements are a great option for many... BUT to answer your question - No, Boombod is NOT a meal replacement. Boombod is a weight loss shot drink, and each sachet contains a clinically proven weight loss ingredient called Glucomannan. Each shot tastes delicious and easily becomes part of your daily routine while on your weight loss journey!
What and WHY should we eat?
Boombod actually works best in conjunction with healthy, high fibre foods! The clinically proven ingredient Glucomannan, helps banish naughty cravings, and keeps you feeling fuller than usual, but this isn’t to keep you from eating. This is to keep us from overindulging (guilty ✋✋), and from rummaging through the fridge at 9PM in the hopes that we’ll come across some deep fried deliciousness we forgot to eat the week before. It broadens our culinary horizons, and motivates us to eat a bit healthier than we typically would want to. Boombod alone does not keep you full and is NOT effective without a healthy, well portioned and high fibre diet alongside it.
SO — What should we be eating while using Boombod? We are SO glad you asked! There are LOADS of yummy high fibre foods, including fruits, veggies, AND even breads and grains. It can be totally easy, and delicious to stick to a fibre rich diet. Check out one of our best-loved high fibre recipes below ⤵
Fibre Fuelled Favourite
Chicken Buddha Bowl: Serves 2 people (with some leftovers for lunch the next day!)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- One can of whole corn kernels
- 2 Limes
- Cherry Tomatoes (as many as you’d like)
- 1 Red Onion
- Fresh Cilantro
- 4 Small Chicken Breasts (or 2 Large Breasts)
- 1 pack of wild grain rice & quinoa (or just rice, or quinoa, whichever you prefer)
- Shredded Marble Cheese (however much you’d like)
- Salad dressing of your choice (we prefer a creamy dressing, like avocado or chipotle)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Peel and chop your sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes, and place them in boiling water until softened. Drain and set aside.
- Chop your chicken breasts into similar 1 inch cubes, while heating your coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add chicken to skillet, and season with your favourite go to seasonings
- While the chicken is cooking, prep your veggies by slicing the cherry tomatoes in half, wedging the limes, chopping the onion, and shredding the cheese.
- Set aside all of your veggies, including the opened canned corn.
- We prefer to use the steam bagged rice/quinoa as it’s quick and easy, and can be done in the microwave. Cook your rice as directed on the package, and set aside.
- Now, it’s time to build your bowl! Take a small handful of each ingredient (accept for the cilantro and salad dressing) and place it in it’s own little area of the bowl, until you have each ingredient in your bowl packed side by side.
- Take the cilantro and top sprinkle it on top, and drizzle with your dressing.
- Admire your beautiful bowl for 30 seconds, and then dig in!
Don’t worry, in true Boombod style, we’re totally aware you might still have questions! Peep the comments section below, ask away and remember...whether you’ve reached your weight loss goal or you’ve just started your Boombod 7 Day Challenge, share some of your own favourite recipes because...we eatin👇