Maintaining proper digestive health has been a hot topic for quite some time now. As obesity rates rise, the awareness and the importance of living a healthy lifestyle should be a major focus in our day to day decisions. LUCKILY...we’ve got lots of useful info to help you improve your overall health, including steps to take to have a healthy gut.
There are terms like prebiotics, probiotics, and microflora but what does it all mean and what do they do? Here at HQ we LOVE hearing about how much better the boomsquad feels after finishing their Boombod program and maintaining a healthy gut is a big part of what we do! So...we’ve tasked our team with finding out some of the best ways to keep and incorporate these bacteria back into our bodies, let’s see what they found out!
Determining Your Digestive Health
In basic terms, gut flora refers to microorganisms (bacteria) that live in our intestines. These little guys play a big role in our overall health and ability to fight off disease. A lot of these healthy bacteria can be found in our food and we can actually take steps to improve our get health by making small lifestyle changes!
One of the first things to look at when considering gut health is - what does it mean to have an “unhealthy” gut and what are some of the signs of this? Often times an upset stomach is an indicator of some underlying gut issues. This could mean excessive bloating, constipation, heartburn or any number of tummy symptoms.
Antibiotics are a very common killer of good bacteria. This is why many doctors recommend taking a probiotic while on antibiotics for other illnesses. Food sensitivities can cause the above symptoms but a high sugar diet can also contribute to bad gut health. Sugar can decrease the amount of good bacteria. Constant fatigue or feeling tired and sluggish can be another sign that your gut is in need of some TLC. If you’re feeling any of the above discomfort, it’s definitely time to make a change!
Improving Your Digestive Health
So what do you do when you’re ready to improve your gut health? Here are 5 tips to help make a difference:
1) Eat high fibre foods - similarly to when you’re taking your Boombod shots, fibre helps to sweep through the gut and pick up unwanted toxins along its way! Some foods that help restore healthy gut bacteria are: Yoghurt (yum!), Almonds, Kimchi, Kefir, and Saurkraut!
2) Skip or minimize bad habits such as smoking, excessive caffeine and alcohol. Decreasing intake or stopping these activities all together can help to balance the good bacteria living in your digestive tract.
3) Increase your water intake. Staying hydrated is so important for a number of reasons but keeping enough fluids in your system can help to balance out good bacteria 💪
4) Take a natural fibre supplement that contains Glucomannan. This clinically proven weight loss ingredient (a key ingredient found in Boombod shots), helps to feed the good bacteria in your intestine while gently sweeping out toxins. According to some studies, Glucomannan can help protect against fat gain!
5) Changing your diet when you are noticing symptoms listed above or have identified food sensitivities can make a world of difference when it comes to those tummy troubles.
No one likes to feel bloated or irregular, so if you’re willing to make these changes, you should start to feel better in no time! At the end of the day, you know your body best so be sure to go with your gut and start your Boombod 7 Day Challenge now!